PAMED’s Mission: The Pennsylvania Medical Society is the voice of Pennsylvania’s physicians, advancing quality patient care, the ethical practice of medicine, and advocating for the patients they serve. We promote physician leadership, education, professional satisfaction, practice sustainability, and the public’s health. View our Strategic Plan
Don’t face the challenges of practicing medicine alone. Being a Pennsylvania physician is easier when the Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) and your county medical society are your partner.
Current members: Renew your membership by paying 2016 dues now.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society is 20,000 physicians and medical students working together to:
- Represent physicians in public venues including the government, insurance companies, and the media
- Provide members with timely information, expert services, and professional support on medical practice issues
- Advance public health, public policy, medical science, education, and ethics
- Advocate for patients
We are governed by our physician members in our annual House of Delegates meeting and our Board of Trustees.
We work in partnership with a number of county and specialty medical societies. Our affiliates and subsidiaries serve the special needs of the medical community. They include:
- Pennsylvania Medical Society Alliance, the organization of physicians’ spouses
- The Foundation, our nonprofit affiliate
- PMSCO Healthcare Consulting