This section provides resources to help physicians learn more about appropriate pain management and ways to address scammers seeking pills for misuse and abuse.
The appropriate prescribing of pain medications allows many patients to improve their quality of life.
The epidemic misuse and abuse of these same medications creates a barrier to appropriate use, while increasing the rates of overdose hospitalizations and deaths.
Winter 2016 Magazine
Accepting Nominations: Physician 40 Under 40
Tools You Can Use:
- Addressing PA’s Opioid Crisis: What the Health Care Team Needs to Know (CME)
- Pennsylvania Physicians Have Access to Free Child Abuse CME That Meets State Licensure Requirements
- Volume to Value: Making Sure Physicians Have the Skills to Succeed
- Bill Introduced to Reform Prior Authorization Process
- Physician Advocacy Pays Off: DHS Announces Medicaid Will Recognize and Pay for Observation Status
- Update on DHS Interpretation of Child Abuse Clearance Requirement for Physicians