More Pennsylvanians die from drug overdoses than from any other type of injury, including car accidents. Pennsylvania also ranks 14th highest for drug overdose mortality rates.
In this section, find out what PAMED is doing to help tackle prescription drug abuse in Pennsylvania, as well as get tools for Pennsylvania physicians.
- Take CME – Addressing Pennsylvania’s Opioid Abuse Crisis: What Health Care Teams Need to Know
- Read Pennsylvania’s voluntary prescribing guidelines:
- For the treatment of chronic, non-cancer pain (developed by PAMED and the state)
- For treatment of pain in the emergency department (developed by PAMED and the Pennsylvania Chapter of Emergency Physicians)
- Learn about other tools at PAMED’s Opioid Resource Center
- Pills for Ills, Not Thrills