- Information collected automatically
- Information collected voluntarily
- Third parties
- Access to your personal information
- Contacting us
- When you leave our website
- Privacy and security resources
1. Information collected automatically on pamedsoc.org
Our website automatically collects and stores the following information:
- The name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet (e.g., aol.com or Princeton.edu);
- The Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using;
- The browser software you use(e.g., Internet Explorer or Netscape) and your operating system (e.g., Windows XP or MacOS);
- The date and time you access our site;
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
How we use the information we collect automatically:
We use this information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful. We are not able to use this data to identify or track individual users’ personal information. Generally, we delete this data after one year.
2. Information collected voluntarily
We may collect personal information that you voluntarily provide — such as your name, email address and other contact information—when accessing certain areas of the website. Some areas are available only to members of the Pennsylvania Medical Society. Others are available to all pamedsoc.org visitors.
Pennsylvania Medical Society members, only
After logging in, members of the Pennsylvania Medical Society can access and update the following:
- Update Member Profile: Change your password or user name, update your email address or contact information and choose if you want your information published in our online Member Directory or Find–A-Physician patient directory.
- Tracker: Tracker is a tool for keeping track of physicians’ CME activities. Information gathered is exclusively related to CME course work.
All website visitors
All website visitors can access and update the following:
- Online Store: To complete transactions at pamedsoc.org/shop, you need to enter your billing, shipping and payment information. While we seek to keep all information secure by using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption, please keep in mind that no system can guarantee 100 percent security. See #5 for more details on security.
- JobBank: Job seekers can post CVs and resumes and employers can post their profiles and job details. Since there are no restrictions on who can search JobBank, you should be aware that the information you provide will be made broadly available to others searching JobBank.
- Voter Voice: When you contact your legislator using the Society’s online legislative action center, Voter Voice, you’re required to provide your name and contact information. This information is used only to identify you to your legislator.
How we use the information our visitors supply voluntarily:
All information is kept secure and used only for providing services to our website users and for internal administrative purposes.
Only Pennsylvania Medical Society staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site. We reserve the right to send Pennsylvania Medical Society members, via their communications preferences (email, fax or mail), certain communications that are considered part of membership.
These communications may include:
- Announcements about new products or services.
- Reminders about existing member benefits.
- Member newsletters and alerts.
- Dues invoices or other messages to help in our administration of your membership.
3. Third parties
We share personal information with third-party service providers who:
- Fulfill orders from website users;
- Contact you on behalf of the Pennsylvania Medical Society; or
- Facilitate some other aspect of the website’s activities, services or products.
These service providers have access to your information solely for providing these services on our behalf, and they are contractually prohibited from sharing your personal information with any other third parties.
We do not rent or sell phone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, or personal or professional identifiers to third parties. The only information the Pennsylvania Medical Society sells is printed mailing labels for one-time use only. We monitor the use of these mailing labels to be sure the list is not duplicated and used more than once.
If you have questions or wish to have your name and address withheld from such lists, please contact the Member Services Department at (800) 228-7823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use “cookies” on this site to:
- Better understand how our visitors use our site.
- Customize the experience of our visitors.
- Support some necessary website functions such as Member Login.
By modifying your browser preferences, you can manage how your browser handles cookies or to reject them all together. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to access parts of the website.
5. Security on pamedsoc.org
We use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect the transmission of information you submit to us when you use our secure online forms. All the information you provide us through these forms is stored securely offline.
- The Pennsylvania Medical Society will never email you and ask for your personal information, password or user name.
- If you send us an email, you should know that email is not necessarily secure against interception.
- If your communication includes sensitive information, like your credit card or social security number—and you prefer not to use one of our secure online forms—contact us by postal mail or telephone rather than email.
7. Access to your personal information
Website users have access to their personal information through Update My Info (members only) and the profiles they establish on the online store and JobBank.
Corrections to information maintained in our physician database can be made by contacting the Member Services Department at (800) 228-7823 or email@example.com.
8. Contacting us
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Privacy Statement or our data collection practices, or if you experience technical problems with the operation of this website, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 228-7823.
9. When you leave our website
10. Privacy and security resources
Consumer Information from the Federal Trade Commission
An independent, non-profit organization promoting standards for website privacy policies and informed consumer consent.