We continue to hear from many physicians that, while they are getting education on the business and practice sides of medicine, education on topics related to their life as a physician is much harder to find.
Not sure the difference between physician burnout and stress, or the best coping strategies? Want financial planning education relevant to your stage in life? How about advice on handling competing priorities between home and work?
Physicians have access to education on these issues from the Pennsylvania Medical Society and the Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society.
Work Life Balance
In the first series of PAMED’s new Pennsylvania Physician Podcast (Episodes 1, 2, and 3), hear from some of your colleagues on how they manage their time and competing priorities. View the podcasts online or find out how to download them to your smartphone.
Physician Burnout & Resilience
- Physician Burnout: Resolution and Restoration (CME online, on-demand course)
- Physician Resilience (CME online, on-demand course)
- Strategies for Addressing Physician Burnout (video of live session held at PAMED’s 2014 House of Delegates and Annual Education Conference)
- Alleviating Physician Burnout (CME activity)
Addiction & Support Services
- Support Groups for Physicians in Recovery: What Are My Options? (Online, on-demand course)
- The Foundation’s Physicians Health Programs (PHP) is a program of The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society that provides support and advocacy to physicians struggling with addiction or physical or mental challenges.
- Series of online, on-demand courses on financial planning:
- Strategies for Life’s Financial Decisions
- Financial Planning for New Physicians
- 10 Keys to Help Keep, Protect, Control, and Distribute Your Wealth