The mission of the Pennsylvania Medical Society Alliance is:
- To assist in those programs of the Pennsylvania Medical Society that improve the health and quality of life for all people.
- To promote health education.
- To advocate the interests of the medical profession in matters relating to legislation and public relations.
- To promote activities that provide financial support for medical education.
- To encourage participation in activities that meet health needs.
- To support health-related charitable endeavors.
The Alliance is reaching out to our communities by:
- Educating the public on healthy living and healthy eating.
- Focusing on non-violent ways of resolving conflict in our homes and schools through our state SAVE (Stop America’s Violence Everywhere) programs.
- Teaching children Henry the Hand’s® 4 Principles of Hand Awareness to decrease the transmission of communicable diseases and environmental toxins.
- Supporting organ donation through the Live & Then Give program.
- Communicating with your state representatives and senators to work for patient choice and to preserve the patient-doctor relationship.
- Providing a forum for communities to better understand the issues facing the medical profession today.
The Alliance is reaching out to our physicians by:
- Contacting legislators in Harrisburg and Washington on issues such as medical liability and fair reimbursement.
- Providing medical education scholarships, medical loans and research, and leadership grants.
The Alliance is reaching out to our members by:
- Pursuing meaningful health care legislation affecting the practice of medicine.
- Providing opportunities for personal growth at our annual mid-year educational Confluence.
- Offering the Alliance Marketplace, free “yellow pages” for members to advertise their businesses and provide discounts to other members of the state Alliance.