The Foundation of the Pennsylvania Medical Society offers low-interest loans to students attending a fully accredited Pennsylvania medical school. Applicants must be a Pennsylvania resident for at least 12 months prior to attending medical school.
Highlights of the loan program include:
- No application or origination fees
- Individual loan awards up to $7,000
- No payments required during school or graduate training (e.g., internship, residency, or fellowship training)
- Deferment for up to five years for graduate training
- Interest rate will not exceed six percent during school or graduate training
- May choose monthly installments following graduate training by signing a new promissory note for an Amortizing Loan.
- Amortizing Loan Note term is up to 10 years with a fixed interest rate
- Students attending Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine: Application should be sent directly to the Foundation’s office by June 1, 2014.
- Students attending any other fully accredited Pennsylvania medical school: Application must be submitted to the school’s financial aid office by May 15, 2014.
The Foundation also offers several medical student scholarships.
If you have any questions, please call (717) 558-7852, or visit the Student Financial Services webpage.