Do you want become a part of organized medicine but aren’t sure how to get involved in the Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) and your county medical society? Think it takes a lot of time to get involved in preserving your medical profession and don’t have the extra time?
There is no better way to support the medical profession than becoming an actively involved PAMED member. You can help shape the future of your profession and be a part of the solution a few minutes at a time.
Here are ten ways to get involved:
- Learn more about PAMED’s vision and mission and contact Gus Geraci, MD, chief medical officer at PAMED, to find out more about leading quality and value.
- Write an email to your legislators through Voter Voice and become involved with legislative issues affecting your profession and your patients.
- Make sure your practice manager is a PAMED member. If you’re not sure, contact our membership department at (855) PAMED4U.
- Contribute to the Pennsylvania Medical Political Action Committee (PAMPAC), the political arm of PAMED.
- Donate to the Foundation, the philanthropic affiliate of PAMED that offers members a variety of educational and support services.
- Talk to your colleagues, partners, or CMO about signing up physicians in your organization for courses through PAMED’s Leadership Academy, a collaboration with the American College of Physician Executives.
- Get involved in your local community. Find out how by contacting your county medical society.
- Ask about guest blogging opportunities or other opinion pieces by contacting PAMED at email@example.com.
- Sign up for our Facebook page, connect with PAMED on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter.
- Volunteer to help with a council, committee, or workgroup by contacting the PAMED administration office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 717-909-2605.