The Wright Center Medical Group, PC, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, physician-led organization in Northeastern Pennsylvania, is applying to be a Practice Transformation Network (PTN), which is designed with the intention to help clinicians achieve large-scale health transformation. This initiative is intended to support clinician practices during the next four years in sharing, adapting, and further developing their comprehensive quality improvement strategies. The PTN creation is one part of a strategy advanced by the Affordable Care Act to strengthen the quality of patient care and spend health care dollars more wisely.
The aim of the PTN is to:
- Unify all health care providers in a peer based learning collaborative focused on improving quality and providing patient-centered care.
- Provide the framework for innovative changes to occur within the practices of more than 1,000 physician faculty and their offices within Pennsylvania.
- Increase the capacity of all members of health care teams and minimize the variation in care delivery by creating active learning environments within provider offices.
A primary goal is to address the lack of care coordination through the implementation of care compacts. Data analytics will be centrally controlled for purposes of monitoring and reporting, but easily accessible in the trenches where it can guide care processes and skill set development long-term after the initiative ends. The Wright Center will use time driven activity based costing and process mapping to show areas for increased capacity, improved processes, and restructured daily care delivery in order to document a true cost of care and highlight areas where substantial and expensive unused capacity exists within the office system, staff and patients.
The Wright Center will:
- Engage nationally recognized experts
- Provide onsite practice coaching for EMR application
- Enhance patient engagement and workflow redesign
- Integrate scribes and patient navigators
- Track improvements in quality and health outcome metrics
- Facilitate the coordination of community based resources
The Wright Center would like to engage the dedicated physicians of Pennsylvania. Please contact The Wright Center if you are interested in learning more about the PTN and signing the non-binding letter of intent. For more information, please visit the Wright Center’s website at www.thewrightcenter.org/ptn, call at (570) 343-2383, or e-mail any questions to Dempseyc@thewrightcenter.org.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) support initiatives to help physicians transition their practices for value-based care.