Whether you’ve been asked to lead a team of five or a group of 50, you want to have the skills and knowledge to be a positive influence and an agent of productive change. But, where do you hone those skills?
The Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) and the American Academy for Physician Leadership (AAPL) are working together to provide PAMED members with discounts on a variety of webinars, online courses, onsite training, and national conferences. These programs are designed to help physicians and other health care leaders enhance skills to build trust, foster communication, strengthen teams, facilitate change, and drive quality.
Contact Leslie Howell at PAMED’s Leadership Skills Academy at (800)228-7823), ext. 2624, or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, including significant discounts on the following educational opportunities:
- Year-round leadership academy—Education for physicians and other health care leaders in practices, groups, hospitals, and health systems who are candidates for comprehensive leadership training. Member physicians get discounted tuition of $2,500. Tuition for non-member physicians is $3,500. This program also is available to non-physicians participating along with a physician at a cost of $2,500.
- Online courses—Improve your leadership skills on your own schedule through self-study courses, all available online at 20 percent off of AAPL member rates for PAMED members.
- National leadership conferences—Attend AAPL national conferences at a discounted price of 15 percent off for PAMED members. These institutes, held over several days on a wide variety of topics, are led by award-winning faculty, provocative keynote speakers, and thought leaders.
- Onsite leadership training —Provide your practice or health system physicians with customized, cost-effective training at your location, creating an opportunity for colleagues to collaborate toward common goals.
- Webinars—View 16 different one-hour webinars on a variety of leadership topics. The webinars can be viewed at your convenience. Webinars are offered to PAMED members at a cost of $45.
Bonus #1 – CME credits are offered by AAPL for leadership training activities completed through PAMED.
Bonus #2 – Certified Physician Executive (CPE) credits are available for many online and onsite courses and apply toward the CPE designation.
Bonus #3 – Credits from most of the courses can be applied to one of four AAPL master’s degree programs with Carnegie Mellon University, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Massachusetts Amherst, and University of Southern California.