As a physician, you are committed to providing the best care for your patients while maintaining the financial viability of your practice. As we adjust to an ever-changing health care landscape, many practices struggle to make sense of new requirements of quality reporting, reimbursement and health information technology, along with how to delve into population health management.
Members of the Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED) have access to a variety of tools to help them with these challenges, such as:
- Online news and tools related to MU, PQRS, and other incentives and penalties on our eHealth webpage and incentives and penalties webpage.
- Recording of PAMED’s Sept. 30, 2015, practice manager meeting coming soon. Watch the Daily Dose for when this is available. Topics discussed include the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA); quality programs updates; Quality and Resource Use Reports (QRURs); ICD-10; Medicare news including “incident to” billing, advanced care planning, and Annual Wellness Visits; Medicaid news including revalidation, and more. Members will have access to this recording for free.
- Online, on-demand courses, facilitated by PAMED member and nationally respected expert Ray Fabius, MD, that cover volume-to-value topics such as health informatics, using the data toolbox in your practice, quality management, process improvement, population health, and lessons learned in the managed care era. They are free for members; $199 for non-members. You also may be eligible to join PAMED for $95 and access these courses for free, in addition to the wealth of additional benefits PAMED has to offer its members.
- Diabetes care recommendations and a mellitus flow sheet, updated annually, to help treat diabetic patients. These tools also can assist practices in meeting quality reporting requirements.
- PAMED members can always contact our Practice Support Team at (717) DOC-HELP, (717) 362-4357, with questions.
Pennsylvania physicians have access to additional resources, such as:
- PMSCO Healthcare Consulting, a subsidiary of PAMED, offers a suite of management, process, and clinical resources for physicians. It offers services related to:
- Presentations and Education
- Quality Insights Quality Innovation Network offers several free initiatives to help your practice maximize opportunities for improvement
- PQRS, Quality Reporting, and Incentive Programs
- Cardiac Health Improvement
- Diabetes Care and Self-Management
- Health Information Technology and MU
- Adult Immunization Practices and Rates
Choose one or more initiatives to join – all are open to physician practices throughout the state at no cost. Learn more about how your practice can start reaping the rewards of this opportunity. Contact Vicki Deacon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.877.346.6180, ext. 7603 to get started, or go to http://www.qualityinsights-qin.org/Home.aspx and click on the Initiatives tab.