Webinar Provides Physicians with Insight on National and State Trends
Physicians have many things to consider for the upcoming year, including rising health care costs and new care delivery models.
In this webinar, Dennis Olmstead, chief strategy officer and medical economist for the Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED), provides a look ahead with a forecast specifically tailored to assist physicians to strategically plan for this year and beyond.
“One of the biggest challenges will be controlling spending, even in the face of countervailing activity such as expensive new innovations, improved consumer confidence, and an aging society that requires more medical care and services,” said Mr. Olmstead during his 2015 forecast.
In this 2015 forecast, you’ll learn more about the:
- Four factors that will inflate the spending growth rate in 2015 and three factors that may deflate it
- ACA activity that impacts physicians
- Recent survey results that provide a snapshot of physician morale, practice plans and patterns, and professional perspectives
- Physician shortage and maldistribution issues
- New delivery models and the five core strategic competencies necessary to be successful in these new models
- The areas that the Office of Inspector General (OIG) will be reviewing in 2015 related to audits of physician practices
- The goals and objectives of the federal Health IT Strategic Plan
- Mobile health and telehealth opportunities
“The 800-pound gorilla in the room for 2015 will continue to be the Affordable Care Act (ACA),” said Mr. Olmstead. “The stakes are high in 2015.”