Announcing PAMED’s latest CME product: CME Consult, a compendium of patient safety and risk management articles published each fall, which provides six CME credits. It’s available online and in print, and is FREE for members!
Members: Access online for free
Non-members: Purchase for $249. You also may be eligible to join PAMED for $95, get this compendium for free, and take advantage of the wealth of membership benefits available to PAMED members. Learn more and join today. If you have questions about membership, contact 855-PAMED4U (855-726-3348)
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Implement strategies to improve electronic communications with healthcare personnel and patients.
- Improve medical records and record keeping related to electronic health record systems
- Reduce medical errors by implementing risk management strategies related to obesity, lung cancer and sepsis.
- Improve the overall quality of health care by effectively working in teams to support clinical relationships & collaborative patient care
- Implement leadership strategies that improve patient compliance and continuity of care.
Accreditation and designation information
The Pennsylvania Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Pennsylvania Medical Society designates this enduring material for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the enduring material.
Faculty and all others who have the ability to control the content of continuing medical education activities sponsored by the Pennsylvania Medical Society are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentation(s).
Activity Development Team
- Karen K. Davis, MA, CPHRM, Research Specialist, PMSLIC Insurance Co.—editor and content development
- Jo Townson, CME Manager, NORCAL Mutual Insurance Co.—activity and content reviewer
- Dustin Shaver, Vice President, Risk Management, NORCAL Mutual—content reviewer
- Paula Snyder, RN, CPHRM, Manager, Risk Management, PMSLIC Insurance Co.—content reviewer
- Sherry Migliore, MPA, FACMPE, FACHE, PMSCO Healthcare Consulting—author and planning committee
- Leslie Howell, PAMED, Director CME, Training & Physician Leadership Programs—planning committee
- Barbara Dugan, PAMED, Associate Director, CME—planning committee
The members of the Activity Development Team have no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This activity was designed to comply with state CME requirements for patient-safety CME.
Enduring material posted: Oct. 20, 2015
Enduring material expires: Dec. 31, 2017