Quality Insights of Pennsylvania is seeking providers who are willing to test electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) for possible inclusion in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS’) EHR Incentive Program.
Measure to be tested:
Functional Status Assessments and Target Setting for Patients with Asthma
Percentage of patients 18 years of age and older with a diagnosis of asthma for whom a score from one of a select list of validated functional status assessment (FSA) tools was recorded at least twice during the measurement period and for whom a target was documented and linked to the initial assessment.
The select assessment tools are:
- PROMIS Global Health Scale (PROMIS-10).
- The Asthma Control Test
- The ITG-ASF
- The mini-AQLQ
- A score from one of these patient-reported tools must be documented in the electronic health record.
Criteria for consideration as a test site:
- Outpatient or ambulatory care setting
- Site has at least one provider who serves at least 30 patients aged 18 or older with a diagnosis of asthma
- Physician or non-physician staff member knowledgeable about point-of-care process and familiar with the scope of the EHR
- Scoring from a validated FSA tool recorded twice during the measurement period in structured fields in the EHR
- Targets also captured in the EHR and linked back to the initial assessment
Benefits to Participants:
- Selected practices will be eligible for an incentive payment up to $4,000.
- Opportunity to directly help refine and validate eCQMs to be considered in the meaningful use program
- Practices will receive assistance from Quality Insights in determining data availability, defining current workflow, and establishing the EHR design and the feasibility of implementing the measure.
To sign up, or if you would like more information, please contact Tracey Glenn at email@example.com or (877) 346-6180, ext.7831.