Quality Insights of Pennsylvania is currently seeking subject matter experts with clinical expertise (specified below), as well as patients and/or caregivers, to join its current Expert Work Group (EWG) panels for each of its quality measures and share their own experiences and perspective.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has requested Mathematica Policy Research and Quality Insights of Pennsylvania review and maintain Clinical Quality Measures used in CMS’ quality reporting programs. These measures are used by providers when they participate in a program such as Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) or Meaningful Use (MU). These programs encourage medical providers to report the clinical quality actions performed while delivering medical care.
CMS quality measures receive oversight from an EWG. This is a group of individuals who are called upon to review quality measures to ensure they reflect best clinical practice. The EWG members review a summary of the most recent literature and other relevant materials provided to the group by the measure steward. EWG members are asked to discuss and provide feedback on the measure content.
Quality Insights of Pennsylvania is seeking individuals with the following areas of expertise and perspectives within each topic knowledge area:
- PQRS# 317 (CMS 22): Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for High Blood Pressure and Follow-Up Documented
- Seeking cardiologist, pulmonary/cardiac rehabilitation specialist, electrophysiology specialist, family practitioner (specializing in preventive care), gynecologist, chiropractor, dentist, audiologist, ophthalmologist, and/or patient/caregiver.
- PQRS# 134 (CMS 2): Preventive Care and Screening: Screening for Clinical Depression and Follow- Up Plan
- Seeking pediatric/adolescent psychologist, social worker, occupational therapist, geriatric medicine practitioner, internal medicine practitioner (specializing in preventive care), gynecologist, and/or patient/caregiver.
- PQRS# 128 (CMS 69): Preventive Care and Screening: Body Mass Index (BMI) Screening and Follow-Up:
- Seeking endocrinologist, geriatric medicine practitioner, dietician, psychologist, gynecologist, physical therapist, occupational therapist, dentist, audiologist, and/or patient/caregiver.
- PQRS# 130 (CMS 68): Documentation of Current Medications in the Medical Record
- Seeking internal medicine practitioner, geriatric medicine practitioner, gynecologist, pharmacist, and/or patient/caregiver.
If you wish to nominate yourself or other individuals for consideration please e-mail: email@example.com by Friday, Sept. 25, 2015.