Quality Insights of Pennsylvania is seeking providers who are willing to test electronic clinical quality measures (eCQMs) for possible inclusion in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS’) EHR Incentive Program.
Measure to be tested:
Adverse Drug Events for Ambulatory Patients Taking Antihyperglycemic or Anticoagulant Medications
Percentage of patients prescribed an anticoagulant agent, oral diabetic agent, or insulin who visits the emergency department (ED) or are hospitalized as a result of a potentially avoidable adverse drug event.
Criteria for consideration as a test site:
- Outpatient or ambulatory care setting with one or more of the following specialties: PCP, geriatrics, endocrinology, or cardiology
- Site has at least two eligible professionals who regularly prescribe diabetes medications or anticoagulants to patients 18 and older
- Physician or non-physician staff member who is knowledgeable about activities across the practice, both at the point-of-care and in relevant administrative tasks (e.g., is familiar with the scope of EHR use)
- The site has at least two relevant providers who are willing to participate in individual telephone interviews with the testing team
- The site utilizes an EHR and is relatively advanced at exchanging patient information with local hospitals. All or most of the data elements collected would include:
- Patients’ age
- Dates of patients’ visits with provider
- Active patient prescriptions
- Dates of patients’ hospitalizations
- Dates of patients’ ED visits
Benefits to Participants:
- Selected practices will be eligible for an incentive payment up to $2,000.
- Opportunity to directly help refine and validate eCQMs to be considered in the meaningful use program.
- Practices will receive assistance from Quality Insights in determining data availability, defining current workflow, and establishing the EHR design and the feasibility of implementing the measure.
To sign up, or if you would like more information, please contact Tracey Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 346-6180, ext.7831.